Double Doodle is mix breed of the Labrador Retriever, Labradoodle and Goldendoodle. These breeds of dogs have low shedding and are medium to large. So, the dog breeds of Double Doodle will posses same characteristics like that of their parents.
Double doodle is intelligent, friendly and cheerful dog. Due to low shedding and hypoallergenic it is good for persons with allergy. It is also suitable for families with children, first time dog owners.
Table of Contents
Double Doodle Facts and Information
- The average height of this dog breed is 20-29 inches and its weight is 50-80 lbs
- As these are the hybrid breed of dogs, they are not recognized by the American Kennel Club
- They are recognized by the DRA (Dog Registry of America, Inc.)
- The height of Double Doodle is 25-35 inches
- The weight of Double Doodle is 30-70 lb
- It is hypoallergenic breed
- Coat is long, curly and little wiry
- It is low shedding dog ,hence considers low in maintenance but requires weekly grooming to keep its coat at best
Double Doodle Diet
This dog just requires only 2-2.5 cups of dry food daily. Try to avoid carbohydrates in its diet as the energy obtained from the carbohydrate rich foods does not last for long time. They should be provided with the glucosamine supplements as they are prone to the joint disease. As they are connected to Poodles, therefore they are prone to digestive diseases. To prevent Double Doodle from such digestive diseases, their food must not include oily snacks and fatty meals.
In the first six months of their life, they need right diet as they grow very quickly. So, it is important to meet their nutrient needs. Make sure that you should not over feed them.
They are great dogs for families as they are loving as well as caring. In fact, they are quite the fan of social activities. Their social nature makes them perfect for the families that have kids. They can’t be used as watch dogs as they get friendly with strangers too so never expect them to protect your kids.
These dogs are highly energetic so they require a long walk which aids them to burn off their energy. This will help them in getting mentally and physically fit.
Playing with the kids as well as other dogs fulfils their need of social interaction and it also provides their exercise regimen. It is happier in home where he can run and play. They are playful in nature but must be supervised around toddlers.
- The colours of Double Doodle varies from black, black & Tan, brown, cream, golden, silver and white.
- The coat of Double Doodle is long, definitely curly and a little wiry. Their coat is needed to stay beautiful and healthy.
- They have long tail along with the long floppy ears, black nose and dark button eyes.
The life expectancy of Double Doodle is 12-15 years.
The minor concerns for Double Doodle are Addision’s Disease, Hypothyroidism, Seborrhea, Cataracts, Progressive Retinal Atrophy and Ear Infections. The major health concerns for this dog breed are Mitral Valve Dysplasia, vonwillebrand’s Disease, Diabetes, Retinal Dysplasia, Elbow Dysplasia and Patellar Luxation.
It is a modern hybrid, therefore its history is limited. As it is the cross breed of Goldendoodle and Labradoodle, we will discuss the history of these two dog breeds. Golden Retriever and Poodle are the dogs used to breed the Goldendoodle that was developed for the purpose of hypoallergenic guide dogs. Whereas, Labradoodle is the cross breed of Poodle and Labrador Retriever.
Double Doodle requires occasional grooming to keep its coat neat and trimmed. It should not be bathed every day. In every few weeks, one should give the bath to Double Doodle with the gentle dog shampoo. Never use your regular shampoo for Double Doodle as it dry out the skin of dogs.
This dog breed sheds minimal. Therefore, one can said this Double Doodle as low maintenance dog.
- Kuvasz – A Flock Guarding Dog
- Labrador Retriever – Well-mannered Gun Dog
- The Fila Brasileiro – Brazilian Mastiff
- Tornjak – Mountain Sheep Dog
Temperament and Personality
The temperament of this dog depends on the behavioural traits which are inherited from the parents. They are intelligent and sociable. They just love to be around the kids and people and are family oriented dogs. They also get along with the other dogs. They like to please their masters.
They love to have the proper attention and are playful. They are affectionate, alert, friendly, gentle, intelligent, loving and social. They are obedient dogs that are intelligent to pick the commands quickly and require only few repetitions.
Double Doodle Characteristics
- They are best in the moderate climate.
- They are not very big fan of cold weather.
- The litter size is 2-5 puppies.
- Their weight varies from 30 pounds to 70 pounds
- They are energetic, need long walks daily
- They live up to 12-15 years
- They are family oriented, social dogs
- Double doodle is medium to large sized dog