Pug is originated in the China and is most commonly known with other names like Dutch Bulldog, Chinese pug, and Mini mastiff, Carlin, Dutch Mastiff and Mops. It is a small sized breed of dog with wrinkled face. Nowadays, the Pug has been a popular pet dog as so many celebrities own this pet.
Information and Facts of Pug :
In the 16th century, pugs have been transported to Europe from its origin country of China and most of them were developed in the Western Europe. Due to its small size and friendly nature, pugs adapts to the family environment very soon.
- Pugs are the best companion dogs as they are social and easily adaptable for family.
- Crate training is suggestible for Pugs as they are rude in the beginning.
- As the coat of the pugs is short, it sheds a lot and it is not recommended for allergic persons.
- Pugs are suitable for apartment living as it can be adjustable without yard.
- Because of its social nature, it becomes friendly with children and other pets too.
- Pugs are considered as the good watchdogs and they never feel too-excited or never exhibits too dullness.
- The ears of Pugs have distinct shapes (Rose and button shaped) and the pug with button shaped ears will be given preference while breeding.
- Pugs also called as ‘Shadows’, as they follow the owners all the time.
- The price of the pug dog is more than $300 approx.
- It is the best playmate with other pets too and so considered as the best cat and dog friendly pet.
- Pug is not Hypoallergenic and the temperament of the dog is good and relaxed.
Pugs are small sized breed dogs and are said to be good companion dogs. The average height of the pugs is 9.8 inches (25 cm) to 11 inches (28 cm) and it weighs about 14 lb (6 kg) to 18 lb (8 kg). The face of the pug is round and small with muzzled wrinkles and a curled tail over the hip. The coat of the pug is glossy, smooth, soft and short with silver, apricot and black mustard color. Pugs are commonly seen in fawn or black colors. They have short hair and their legs are straight, strong and small.
Generally, pugs behave according to the mood of the owners and they always try to make bond with them. They become aggressive vary rarely (as pugs are strong willed at heart) and most of the times they stay calm and quiet. Children love to play with the Pug as they are fond of kids and plays actively. They look for affection from the owners and they love to sit on the lap.
Health Issues :
Pugs generally have breathing difficulties due to their short muzzle and they can also suffer from eye injuries. Sometimes, change in temperatures may lead to the breathing problem for Pugs which may eventually turn into serious trouble. Obesity may occur for pugs if proper diet is not maintained. Pugs may catch cold faster in the cool weather and so good temperature should be maintained around the dog.
Pugs do eat most of the times, and they become hungrier very quick. It is advisable to maintain the food schedule for the pug and the quality food is recommended for the pugs. As they get hungrier quickly, you must control the food habits of the pug otherwise obesity may risk the Pug.
Pugs can easily adapt to any kind of home as it doesn’t require a yard to run or walk. It can be adjusted in apartments also. Too hot and too cold temperatures are not suitable for the Pug.
Pugs can be adjustable to almost any kind of environment. They love to walk and run along with the owners. With the other dogs and pets, pugs become friendly and play with them most of the time. Pugs show laziness and always try to nap in short intervals. Daily walks are preferable for pugs and regular games and regular exercise will keep the Pug active and energetic.
Female Pugs can give birth to average of 2 to 6 puppies and proper care is advisable for the puppies. As they are in small size, puppies should be handled carefully and vet’s attention is also recommendable.
When the pug is under human protection, there is no harm from any predators. Supervision is required from other animals and big dogs when the pug is on for daily walk.
Images, Pics, Photos and Pictures of Pug :
It is recommended that professional breeding is necessary for pug and the vet’s advice is required. Make sure that the pug’s health is in good condition before breeding. It is advisable to feed the pug healthy food in case of pregnancy and take the advice of vet.
Life Span :
The lifespan of the Pugs are 12 to 15 years. On an average, pugs live up to 14 years. A good care towards pug may increase its life span for few years and always good and healthy environment should be provided for the pug.
The grooming of the pug should be done monthly and daily brush is recommended. It is very easy to groom the pug because of its short and smooth coat.
Because of the small coat it shed heavily in some seasons, so daily brushing is advisable in order to reduce the shedding.
Suggestible Names For Pug :
- For Males – Axa, Boxer, Pic, Stuart, Bill
- For Females – Rexy, Browny, Ary, Dolly, Lappy